Fab Habitat Sydney Ivory Gray Wool Jute Area Rug
As part of the Heartland Collection Rugs, this Fab Habitat Sydney Ivory Gray Wool Jute Area Rug brings a bit of nature indoors with its raw design and warm natural earthy undertone. Made of sustainably sourced jute, this Fab Habitat Sydney Ivory Gray Wool Jute Area Rug was handwoven by expert artisans in a GoodWeave approved facility. This Fab Habitat Sydney Ivory Gray Wool Jute Area Rug is soft, strong and durable. Suitable for any room in the home including living room, dining room and family room for a touch of added warmth. Fab Habitat is a brand dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint. Asides from 100% natural rugs, Fab Habitat also offers a collection of rugs made from 100% recycled plastics and 100% recycled cotton, offering colourful and long lasting rugs that are both functional, safe and sustainable.
- Construction: Handmade by expert artisans
- Material: 85% sustainably harvested Jute, 10% recycled Cotton & 5% Wool
- Jute is a fibre made from the stems of a tropical plant. Jute is renewable and bio-degradeable
- When spun, jute becomes thick and strong making jute rugs very durable and long lasting
- The warm, earth tones of jute makes its a cozy piece that is best suited for casual settings although many use them in formal settings as well because of its naturally soft texture
- The natural brown colour of jute makes stains less noticeable
- All Fab Habitat rugs and accessories are GoodWeave International accredited, which means no child, forced or bonded labour was involved in the making of it
- Awarded SustainAbility3 Award at the New York International Gift Fair
- Brand: Fab Habitat
- Sizes Available: 2' x 3', 4' x 6', 5' x 8', 8' x 10'
- Pile height: 0.5 inches
- Colour: Ivory, Natural
- Designed in USA
- Made in India
- Location: Indoor use
- Recommended to pair with a non-skid rug pad
- Actual colors and size may vary from the image(s) shown due to manufacturing limitations
About the Brand
Founded in 2009, Fab Habitat is a brand on a mission to produce durable, stylish home accessories that are good for the home and even better for the planet. Owners Suchin and Kanan Gupta refuse to cut corners in the name of cost. Each rug is designed to put up with the wear and tear of children, pets, shoes and everyday life. Many of their products are made from biodegradable and/or upcycled materials including plastic bottles that are melted and processed into yarn. Since inception, Fab Habitat has recycled millions of bottles and plastic containers turning them from trash to rug. Fab Habitat is a GoodWeave International accredited brand dedicated to ending child labor in the carpet industry and offering education to children in weaving communities. Fab Habitat rugs also received the SustainAbility3 Award, one of the highest achievements at the New York International Gift Fair. The company is also supporters of the Navjeevan Society, an organization focused on bettering the lives of individuals with special needs - a cause that is near and dear to the hearts of the Gupta family.
About the Material
While jute might remind you of the thick, coarse twine that you find at gardening stores, when weaved into a rug, jute is actually quite soft especially when blended with chenille. Made from dried plant fibres, jute rugs are often left in their original golden-tan colour giving them a natural beauty that is warm and inviting. Because jute is a natural material, it is quite absorbent. This means that it is typically not recommended for homes with young pets that are not yet potty trained. Odours from doggie accidents will be difficult to rid. Jute rugs are also not suggested for humid or damp environments such as a bathroom or a mud room. If exposed to moisture for long periods of time, the rug will become moldy, mildewed and fall apart. Asides from these above mentioned factors, jute rugs are relatively low maintenance. Regular vacuuming usually does the trick.
- Vacuum regularly with a brush attachment
- When vacuuming, move in several directions to remove the most debris
- Treat spills immediately by blotting with an absorbent white towel. Do not rub
- Do not steam clean
- Do not use cleaning agents as it may stain or discolour the rug
- Rotate periodically if continually exposed to sunlight to avoid fading
When you buy a Fab Habitat Fab Habitat Sydney Ivory Gray Wool Jute Area Rug from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the rug to your home. You will also have access to our free design consultation team who can help you plan the layout of your room to best suit your new Fab Habitat Sydney Ivory Gray Wool Jute Area Rug. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Fab Habitat Sydney Ivory Gray Wool Jute Area Rug on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.