Would you believe us if we told you that this rug was produced from waste? Using upcycled polyester, this ferm LIVING Nomad Rug is incredibly durable and is a sustainable alternative to virgin polyester or cotton.
Place this in the kitchen or under your toddler's dining area. This versatile rug really does check all the boxes in terms of style, functionality and environmental concerns.
Did we mention this rug is also reversible? Gray on one side and dark blue on the other. Take your pick depending on your mood of the day or should you decide to change things up in your space.
- Material: 100% Recycled Polyester
- Polyester is a synthetic fibre that is strong, stain resistant and moisture resistant, making it well suited for high traffic areas.
- Polyester retains its vibrant colours really well over time, making it an ideal material to use around kids.
- Due to its water-repellent properties, it makes clean-up easy. Wipe water-based spills and let it air dry.
- Location: Indoor use
- Brand: ferm LIVING
- Colour: Dark Blue
- Material: 100% Recycled Polyester
- Technique: Hand Woven and Hand Dyed
- Designed in Copenhagen
- Artist: Trine Andersen
- Made in India
About the Brand
Based on a passion for authentic design and clear functionality, ferm LIVING is a company that takes pride in creating products that help balance the contrasts of life. They recognize that in today's world, as we navigate expectations and dreams in the search for meaning and comfort, we also long for a balanced life with room for chaos and calm, moments of reflection and times of joy. ferm LIVING's line of area rugs is designed with the intention of creating a space that allows us to be ourselves, to realize our true value of things, and to feel comfortably at home. From their base in Copenhagen, ferm LIVING works with artisans from around the world, fusing their Scandinavian mindset with global skills and traditions to create masterful pieces that are rich, soft and colourful.
About Polyester Rugs
One of the major benefits of polyester is that it is a synthetic fabric and is able to retain vibrant colours for a very long time. This makes it an ideal material to use for kid’s rugs that often come in vibrant colours and playful patterns.
Polyester is inherently stain resistant, outperforming nylon and wool in this regard. Because the material has low absorbency and durable colours, you can wipe water-based spills right off. It is also quick to dry after a spill, which helps ensure you don’t have wet spots that collect and form mold.
Polyester is also a very soft material and has a significantly lower price point than nylon and wool. Due to its softness, however, polyester does not hold its fibre height as well as other carpet fibres. To avoid damage to the carpet, do not drag heavy objects on top of it and avoid putting it in high traffic areas such as an entryway. A high quality polyester rug, if properly taken care of, can last up to 10 years.
- Vacuum regularly and as needed
- Polyester is generally dirt and water resistant
- Absorb water spills immediately with clean white cloth. Do not rub.
- For stains, clean with mild liquid detergent that are safe on synthetic fibres
- Rotate rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear
- To preserve the life of the rug, we recommend using a rug pad
When you buy a ferm LIVING Nomad Dark Blue Area Rug from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the rug to your home. You will also have access to our free design consultation team who can help you plan the layout of your room to best suit your new ferm LIVING Nomad Dark Blue Area Rug. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for ferm LIVING Nomad Dark Blue Area Rug sku #9271 on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!