Decorate wild with the Feroz Collection, designed by Justina Blakeney for Loloi. Hooked of 100% wool pile by artisans in India, this contemporary faux-tiger series makes for a true conversation piece in any space.
- This Loloi rug was made in a GoodWeave Certified facility, which means that no child was involved in the process of making this rug from field to floor
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Material: 100% Wool
- Apart from being environmentally sustainable as a biodegradable and renewable material, wool is a complex fiber known for its intrinsic insulating and moisture repellent properties capable of keeping us warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- Wool is naturally hypoallergenic and therefore suitable for people with allergies or asthma as it does not attract dust mites
- Wool is fireproof, UV and stain resistant thanks to its natural wax coating, preventing spills from soaking in
- Brand: Loloi
- Collection: Justina Blakeney x Loloi
- Handmade in India
- Designed in USA
- Colour: Teal
- Location: Indoor use
- Construction: Hooked
About the Brand
At age 58, Amir Loloi still speaks with youthful excitement when he describes his travels to India. As owner and head designer of Loloi Rugs, Amir has traveled the Indian countryside for the past 25 years searching for the best weavers and craftspeople. During his travels, he would hop from village to village, visiting the artisans themeslves. Different shops have different specialities. At each factory, he sits with the craftsmen, sipping tea and trading ideas. It is during these conversations that these beautiful creations begin.
Loloi's mission is to bring new life to a centuries-old craft. Whether it be the dipdyeing of wool or the intricate task of weaving, there is a proud artisan who keeps this time-honored tradition alive. It is behind the walls of these village factories where looms takeover machinery and artisans takeover engineers. Loloi is a brand that brings the best spaces together with intention, where a good rug does more than tie the room together, it sets the home apart.
Loloi is also a proud partner with GoodWeave International, a non-profit company that takes a holistic approach to ending child labour. Their efforts include conducting audits in rug factories in India to ensure no child, forced or bonded labour is used to make the rugs. They also raise funds to support child education in rural parts of India.
Wool rugs have been much loved by consumers worldwide for centuries due to its many great qualities. From an eco-friendly perspective, wool is a renewable resource and is biodegradable making it a great choice for “green” households. Wool rugs typically have superior strength and durability compared to synthetic fibres. The pile of a wool rug is very sturdy and insulating. It is also naturally fire retardant and self-extinguishing.
You might have heard of lanolin? It is a natural substance found in wool that coats its surface making it stain resistant. This coating helps stop dirt and stains from actually penetrating the wool. That is why spills on wool is very easy to clean.
Finally, wool is a healthy choice when it comes to a rug. Wool is a natural material that is hygienic and non allergenic, it has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. For this reason, we view wool as the best choice particularly for a baby’s nursery or kid’s bedroom.
- Clean spills immediately by blotting with a clean, white dry sponge or cloth
- Appropriate rug pad is highly recommended on all surfaces to prevent slipping, add cushion, and improve durability
- The color may transfer and should not be placed directly over existing carpet
- For vacuuming, use a vacuum cleaner without a beater bar or one where you can set the bar to the highest pile setting. If your vacuum has variable power settings, set on low. Vacuum full length of the rug, turn and repeat to the next area, rather than back and forth motion. We do not recommend the use of robot vacuum cleaners
- Do not worry if lint appears as this is residue fibres produced during cutting
- If you find a long or loose threads, cut it with scissors. Never pull it