The hand-knotted Serena Collection is an amazingly simple yet sophisticated foundation for any space. The beauty is in the 100% viscose from bamboo, which shimmers effortlessly with naturally variegated color. Crafted in India, Serena comes available in sizes from 2’ x 3’ to 9’6’’ x 13’6’’, with the option for custom sizing too.
- This Loloi rug was made in a GoodWeave Certified facility, which means that no child was involved in the process of making this rug from field to floor
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Material: 100% Viscose From Bamboo
- Viscose is a semi-synthetic material that uses bamboo/wood pulp in its production process making it partly natural
- Viscose is cool and silky to the touch, making it look and feel luxurious
- Brand: Loloi
- Collection: Loloi
- Handmade in India
- Designed in USA
- Colour: Ivory
- Location: Indoor use
- Construction: Hand Knotted
About the Brand
At age 58, Amir Loloi still speaks with youthful excitement when he describes his travels to India. As owner and head designer of Loloi Rugs, Amir has traveled the Indian countryside for the past 25 years searching for the best weavers and craftspeople. During his travels, he would hop from village to village, visiting the artisans themeslves. Different shops have different specialities. At each factory, he sits with the craftsmen, sipping tea and trading ideas. It is during these conversations that these beautiful creations begin.
Loloi's mission is to bring new life to a centuries-old craft. Whether it be the dipdyeing of wool or the intricate task of weaving, there is a proud artisan who keeps this time-honored tradition alive. It is behind the walls of these village factories where looms takeover machinery and artisans takeover engineers. Loloi is a brand that brings the best spaces together with intention, where a good rug does more than tie the room together, it sets the home apart.
Loloi is also a proud partner with GoodWeave International, a non-profit company that takes a holistic approach to ending child labour. Their efforts include conducting audits in rug factories in India to ensure no child, forced or bonded labour is used to make the rugs. They also raise funds to support child education in rural parts of India.
Viscose is a semi-synthetic rayon that feels and looks like silk but for a fraction of the price point. It is semi-synthetic because it uses a natural cellulose - bamboo/wood pulp - in its production process. Discovered in 1891, viscose has since become a popular material for rug making because of its luxurious look and feel. It is easily dyed and retains vivid colours particularly well. When well maintained, a viscose rug can last a great number of years.
Bare in mind that unlike natural fibres such as silk, semi-synthetic fibres are weak fibres that tend to bend and break easily. While a silk rug can be bent up to 2,000 times before breakage occurs, a semi-synthetic rayon rug comes in at 70 times before it begins to “shed” and show wear and tear. That is why we recommend using a viscose rug in only low to medium traffic areas such as a living room or dining room. Viscose rugs also naturally turn yellow when wet and therefore, it is important that spills (even plain water spills) be absorbed and cleaned immediately and thoroughly.
- Clean spills immediately by blotting with a clean, white dry sponge or cloth
- Appropriate rug pad is highly recommended on all surfaces to prevent slipping, add cushion, and improve durability
- The color may transfer and should not be placed directly over existing carpet
- For vacuuming, use a vacuum cleaner without a beater bar or one where you can set the bar to the highest pile setting. If your vacuum has variable power settings, set on low. Vacuum full length of the rug, turn and repeat to the next area, rather than back and forth motion. We do not recommend the use of robot vacuum cleaners
- Do not worry if lint appears as this is residue fibres produced during cutting
- If you find a long or loose threads, cut it with scissors. Never pull it