When you bring home a Lorena Canals rug, you are not only bringing home a quality, well-designed rug. You are also supporting the Sakûla Project, a project founded by Lorena Canals that allows boys and girls in India a safe and secure place to spend their day, receive a daily meal, be cared for and receive an education to help them secure a better future. Today, there are 120 boys and girls attending the Sakûla Project nursery and their work goes on to enable more children to attend year after year. This Lorena Canals Mix Ramlal Stone Grey Area Rug is part of the Mix Collection, a collection dedicated to raising the profile of the Sakûla Project. Each rug is named after a child who attends the school thanks to the profits donated to the school: Ritika, Ramlal, Daksh, Aarty, Nancy and Arian. This rug is truly special in both its purpose and its cause. Whether you take this rug or any Lorena Canals rug home, you can be rest assured that it makes a difference in someone's life. If your little prince or princess is enjoying their Lorena Canals rug, spend the time to tell them about the underlying story. The story warms my heart and I'm sure it will warm theirs too. As with all Lorena Canals rugs, this piece is made using 100% cotton and non-toxic dyes making it completely safe for babies and kids. And the best part is the entire rug can be thrown into a domestic washing machine for easy clean up and spills. Your child can now live and play freely on their rug knowing that it will not get ruined. And because cotton is a natural material, it offers a soft and comfortable padding for those tired hands and feet after a full day of play (and work...who says we can't join them for a little snooze?).
- Construction: Hand Made
- Each Lorena Canals rug is handmade in their private facility in India using traditional methods
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Material: 100% Cotton and natural non-toxic dyes
- Using exclusively natural dyes and done with cotton makes it safe for babies, kids and pets
- Natural dyes also keeps the rug light, soft and flexible
- Cotton is a sustainable and natural fibre that is well suited for those with allergy sensitivities
- Being a trusted brand in the industry, this high quality cotton rug is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play
- Cotton rugs are light weight making clean-up very easy. Simply give it a shake!
- For larger messes, throw the entire rug into a domestic washing machine on gentle cycle
- Cotton rugs are extremely soft and comfortable even for bare feet and babies’ tender knees.
- Brand: Lorena Canals
- Each Lorena Canals rug bares the signature of the designer on the back, which certifies their quality and authenticity
- Designed in Barcelona
- Size: 4' 7'' x 6' 7''
- All Lorena Canals rugs comply with all quality and safety regulations for children including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and AITEX certified
- This rug is environmentally friendly and free from toxic dyes or contaminants
- Location: Indoor & outdoor use
About the Brand
It started with one simple question that perhaps a lot of us parents have: 'Why can't we wash our kids' rugs at home? That was enough to set Lorena Canals on a journey to come up with a solution. Lorena Canals started her company to fill the void of modern day living. Her rug designs are stylish and practical. Made from 100% cotton, her rug collection is machine-washable and is the new standard in the world of rug design.
28 years later, Lorena Canals now operates out of offices in Barcelona and New York. Their rugs are manufactured in two of their very own facilities in India where they have full control of the quality and best practices. Their designers work side by side with 120 artisans who take care of every detail in an elaborate handmade process. The brand prides itself on quality in every aspect of production, from the finest raw materials to socially responsible labour practices. Nowadays, Lorena Canals products are found worldwide in more than 2,500 points of sale, making its products available in more than 40 countires. Their offerings have expanded to include Home Decoration serving both children and grown-ups! A nursery funded by the SAKÛLA PROJECT now has 120 boys and girls attending and continues to grow year after year.
About 100% Cotton
As you're probably aware, cotton is a natural fibre that comes from the cotton plant and grows commonly all over the world. It is a renewable and eco-friendly material that is easy to clean and maintain. Compared to wool, it is a less durable material due to its softer fibres and therefore, cannot take the pounding that wool rugs can. However, cotton rugs do offer an unparalleled feeling of softness, comfort and warmth. And cotton bares one important quality that wool rugs cannot offer. It is completely machine washable!
Care Instructions for Cotton Rugs
- Wash separately at 30 degrees maximum
- Use a gentle cycle and mild detergent without bleach
- Tumble dry at low temperature. Do not leave the wet rug inside the washing machine
- Avoid continuous exposure to the sun
- Do not worry if fluff appears
- Sweep the rug with a stiff broom and use a vacuum cleaner regularly
- If you find a long thread, cut it with scissors. Never pull it
- Enjoy the rug and let your kids get messy!
- Rug pad is recommended to prevent slippage
When you buy a Lorena Canals Mix Ramlal Stone Grey Area Rug from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the rug to your home. You will also have access to our free design consultation team who can help you plan the layout of your room to best suit your new Lorena Canals Mix Ramlal Stone Grey rug. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Lorena Canals Mix Ramlal Stone Grey SKU: C-MIX-RAMLAL on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!