2'x 3' and 3' round size is available for immediate shipment. All other sizes are made to order. Please allow up to 45 days for completion. All sales are final.
This jute rug has been ethically hand woven in the finest jute yarns by artisans in Rajasthan, India, using a traditional weaving technique which is native to this region.
- The purchase of this handcrafted item helps to support the artisans and preserve their craft
- Technique: Handmade
- Size: 2' x 6'
- Material: 100% Handwoven Jute
- Jute is a fibre made from the stems of a tropical plant, and is renewable and bio-degradeable
- When spun, jute becomes thick and strong, making jute rugs very durable and long lasting
- The warm, earth tones of jute makes its a cozy piece that is best suited for casual settings although many use them in formal settings as well because of its naturally soft texture
- The natural brown colour of jute makes stains less noticeable
- Custom sizes available upon request - contact us at email@example.com
- Spot clean with warm water and a mild detergent
- Brand: Leah Singh
- Designer: Leah Singh
- Designed in New York and Delhi
- Goodweave Label means that the rugs were made in a facility that does not employ child, bonded or forced labour. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each rug also goes towards supporting schools under the Goodweave's program
- Location: Indoor use only
About the Brand
Having grown up in India and being surrounded by it's rich cultural heritage, and then moving to New York to study Industrial Design at the Parsons School of Design where she was surrounded by structured, minimal lines of Western architecture, it is no wonder Leah Singh's designs are full of such vibrant and eclectic vibes. As designer and founder of Leah Sing Inc, Leah's work mixes traditional Indian craft tecnhiques with unexpected colour combinations and modern, geometric forms. Her passion for colour, texture and print is clearly pronounced through her collection of rugs and pillows, all finely woven, embroidered and printed by artisans in villages across India. Leah works directly with these artisans as part of her philosophy to rejuvenate these age-old, traditional crafts by transforming them into modern objects. She is also committed to ensuring that these artisans receive fair wages, and that they are working in a clean and safe environment. That is why all of Leah's handwoven pieces from Rajasthan are GoodWeave certified. Leah is also committed to using only natural materials that are responsibly sourced and processed. All her rugs and accessories are packaged in the bare minimum - no tissue, no hang tags, no frills. Her products are shipped in poly bags made with rice and potato starch and are biodegradable
About Jute Rugs
While jute might remind you of the thick, coarse twine that you find at gardening stores, when weaved into a rug, jute is actually quite soft especially when blended with chenille. Made from dried plant fibres, jute rugs are often left in their original golden-tan colour giving them a natural beauty that is warm and inviting.
Because jute is a natural material, it is quite absorbent. This means that it is typically not recommended for homes with young pets that are not yet potty trained. Odours from doggie accidents will be difficult to rid. Jute rugs are also not suggested for humid or damp environments such as a bathroom or a mud room. If exposed to moisture for long periods of time, the rug will become moldy, mildewed and fall apart. Asides from these above mentioned factors, jute rugs are relatively low maintenance. Regular vacuuming usually does the trick.
Care Instructions for Jute Rugs
- Vacuum regularly with a brush attachment
- When vacuuming, move in several directions to remove the most debris
- Treat spills immediately by blotting with an absorbent white towel. Do not rub.
- Do not steam clean
- Do not use cleaning agents as it may stain or discolour the rug
- Rotate periodically if continually exposed to sunlight to avoid fading