This beige rug with moroccan style motifs exhibits style with subtlety. The simple zig-zag line pattern is interesting to the eye while the texture of the polypropylene rug gives it a cozy and soft appeal. Polypropylene rugs are especially well suited for high traffic areas due to its strong and stain resistant properties.
- Technique: Machine Made
- Material: 100% Polypropylene
- Polypropylene is a strong and moisture resistant synthetic fibre that is suitable for high traffic areas
- Polypropylene retains its colours very well and is easy to clean, making it a great choice for homes with young children where you may experience the occasional spills
- Primary colour: Off White
Location: Indoor use only
- Brand: nuLOOM
- Designed in USA
- Made in Turkey
- Rug pad is recommended for added comfort and durability
About the Brand
Founded with a desire to push boundaries and break the rules of what is expected from an area rug, nuLOOM was created to fill the void between brilliant design and affordability. nuLOOM's production team stretches the limits on the use of vibrant colours giving each piece individuality and elegance. They draw inspiration from such things as nature, textiles and architecture from around the globe, making their collection of artistic floor coverings a perfect fit for today's fashion forward shoppers.
Polypropylene is a synthetic polymer commonly used in rug production for its strong, colourfast and moisture resistant properties. You will find polypropylene rugs to be especially popular in high-traffic indoor and outdoor areas because it has good stain resistance and is easily cleanable. Families with young children who may experience the occasional food and drink spills find this to be an affordable option that is easy to maintain. It is also a lightweight, low density material which has its pros and cons. If crushed by furniture, it does not bounce back to its original shape easily.
Polypropylene rugs are not toxic in and of themselves. However, most polypropylene rugs are treated with stain resistant and fire retardant chemicals that make them toxic. At Rugs by Roo, we carry polypropylene rugs to offer our consumers a wide selection of rugs at various price points. When using the rug for the first time, we recommend leaving the rug in a well-ventilated area for a short period of time as polypropylene will have a tendency to off-gas. In general, we do not recommend using a polypropylene rug in a baby nursery or child's bedroom.
Care Instructions for Polypropylene Rugs
- Vacuum regularly and as needed
- Polypropylene is generally water resistant. Absorb water spills immediately and clean stains with mild liquid detergent, if necessary.
- For oil-based stains, we recommend consulting with a professional rug cleaner
- Rotate rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear
- To preserve the life of the rug, we recommend using a rug pad