Contemporary and bold, the Alberto rug features distinct patterns that lend a feeling of urban chic, but still maintain a soft palette and luxurious feel. The white checkered hand-drawn lines add personality to an otherwise monotonous pattern.
- Technique: Power-Loomed
- Material: 80% 2 PLY PP FRISE / 20% PP HEATSET
- Not to be confused with the poor quality polypropylene, "heat set" polypropylene is a soft, durable, colourfast, non-shedding, moth proof and easy to maintain material and is a highly desirable yarn in the world of rug making
- Location: Indoor use only
- Brand: Renwil
- Designed in Canada
- Made in Israel
About the Brand
Renwil was started in 1967 by Allen Wilner in a 500 square feet studio in a corner warehouse with one artist and two assistants. He had one simple idea: to have in-house artists create genuine works of art for the interior design world. Today, Renwil has become Canada's leading producer of home accents and furnitures, offering a vast collection of artwork, mirrors, lights and area rugs (which they like to call 'rug art'). And in place of the 500 square feet corner studio, they now operate out of a 3,500 square feet studio space in Quebec, Canada and bring on amazing collaborations with artists from all across North America.
Polypropylene is a synthetic polymer commonly used in rug production for its strong, colourfast and moisture resistant properties. You will find polypropylene rugs to be especially popular in high-traffic indoor and outdoor areas because it has good stain resistance and is easily cleanable. Families with young children who may experience the occasional food and drink spills find this to be an affordable option that is easy to maintain. It is also a lightweight, low density material which has its pros and cons. If crushed by furniture, it does not bounce back to its original shape easily.
Polypropylene rugs are not toxic in and of themselves. However, most polypropylene rugs are treated with stain resistant and fire retardant chemicals that make them toxic. At Rugs by Roo, we carry polypropylene rugs to offer our consumers a wide selection of rugs at various price points. When using the rug for the first time, we recommend leaving the rug in a well-ventilated area for a short period of time as polypropylene will have a tendency to off-gas. In general, we do not recommend using a polypropylene rug in a baby nursery or child's bedroom.
Care Instructions for Polypropylene Rugs
- Vacuum regularly and as needed
- Polypropylene is generally water resistant. Absorb water spills immediately and clean stains with mild liquid detergent, if necessary.
- For oil-based stains, we recommend consulting with a professional rug cleaner
- Rotate rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear
- To preserve the life of the rug, we recommend using a rug pad