Renwil Serengeti Hand Tufted Wool Area Rug
These classic patterns in bright colors, reinterpreted as durable hand tufted rugs make these versatile pieces essential for areas of rough play or relaxation.
- Technique: Hand Tufted
- Material: 100% Wool
- Wool is a naturally stain resistant material, making it perfect for a kid's room or playroom where things may get a bit messy from time to time
- Wool is a great choice amongst kids with allergy sensitivities because it is hygienic and non allergenic, has no harmful gasses and is a natural air filter
- Due to its thick and dense pile, wool rugs make a great sound barrier keeping noise out while the little ones enjoy their quiet time
- Wool is naturally stain and flame resistant
- Location: Indoor use only
- Brand: Renwil
- Size: 5'2" x 7'6"
- Made in India
About the Brand
Renwil was started in 1967 by Allen Wilner in a 500 square feet studio in a corner warehouse with one artist and two assistants. He had one simple idea: to have in-house artists create genuine works of art for the interior design world. Today, Renwil has become Canada's leading producer of home accents and furnitures, offering a vast collection of artwork, mirrors, lights and area rugs (which they like to call 'rug art'). And in place of the 500 square feet corner studio, they now operate out of a 3,500 square feet studio space in Quebec, Canada and bring on amazing collaborations with artists from all across North America.
Wool rugs have been much loved by consumers worldwide for centuries due to its many great qualities. From an eco-friendly perspective, wool is a renewable resource and is biodegradable making it a great choice for “green” households. Wool rugs typically have superior strength and durability compared to synthetic fibres. The pile of a wool rug is very sturdy and insulating. It is also naturally fire retardant and self-extinguishing.
You might have heard of lanolin? It is a natural substance found in wool that coats its surface making it stain resistant. This coating helps stop dirt and stains from actually penetrating the wool. That is why spills on wool is very easy to clean.
Finally, wool is a healthy choice when it comes to a rug. Wool is a natural material that is hygienic and non allergenic, it has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. For this reason, we view wool as the best choice particularly for a baby’s nursery or kid’s bedroom.
Care Instructions for Wool Rugs
- Vacuum regularly and as needed using suction only (no bristles)
- Spot clean as needed using a damp cloth with plain water. Do not use soap or cleaning products as they could damage or fade the rug
- For spills, absorb immediately with white dry cloth
- For larger, deeper stains, send the rug to a professional service with experience cleaning fine rugs
- Rotate rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear
- To preserve the life of the rug, we recommend using a rug pad
When you buy a Renwil Serengeti Hand Tufted Wool Area Rug from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the rug to your home. You will also have access to our free design consultation team who can help you plan the layout of your room to best suit your new Renwil Serengeti Hand Tufted Area Rug. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Serengeti Hand Tufted Wool Rug sku # SERP01-5276 on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I can't seem to locate the size on this rug. Can you please tell me if you have an approx. 5x7 of this style? Thank you
Hi there, our apologies. The description is indeed lacking a rather important piece of detail. The dimensions of the rug is 5'2" x 7'6". Let us know if there's anything else we can get for you.