This rug ships from Australia. Please allow 3 to 5 weeks for delivery. All sales are final.
Turchia is the original name of Turkey. This rug combines Turkish and Moroccan flavours creating a piece that is sophisticated, elegant and romantic. Handwoven on hand looms with a wool and viscose blend, this rug is soft and almost silky in texture. Its geometric patterns and shapes creates a complex design that is interesting yet subtle, perfect for any room in the house including family room, living room, dining room or even a bed room.
Australian brand Oh Happy Home! seeks to bring warmth and comfort into every home by combining design and functionality into their creations. OHH! believes that a good rug will anchor a room bringing harmony and peace to the home and those who live in it. Each OHH! rug is approved according to Goodweave International ensuring that no child labour was used in the making of the rug, just one quality that makes OHH! rugs so special.
This rug is available in 5 different sizes. Note that rug size 6'7" x 9'10" is made to order and require a six week lead time. When you place an order for this rug size, you will receive periodic status updates so that you can follow along as your rug is being made.
- Technique: Handwoven Wool
- Material: 100% New Zealand Wool and Viscose blend
- Viscose is cool and silky to the touch, making it look and feel luxurious. When added to wool, it creates a rug that carries all the properties of wool with the softness of silk
New Zealand is regarded as the purest and whitest wool in the world
- Wool is a naturally stain resistant material, making it perfect for a kid's room or playroom where things may get a bit messy from time to time
- Wool is a great choice amongst kids with allergy sensitivities because it is hygienic and non allergenic, has no harmful gasses and is a natural air filter
- The low profile shag makes cleaning up easy. Regular vacuuming will help maintain its like-new quality for years
- Wool is naturally stain and flame resistant
- This wool and viscose blend rug is extremely soft and comfortable even for bare feet and babies’ tender knees
- Made in India using the best quality wools and under safe practices to ensure no child labour is used in the making of the rug
- Rug pad is recommended to prevent slippage and to protect your floors
- Location: Indoor use only
- Brand: Oh Happy Home!
- Colours: Taupe and White
- Sizes Available: 4' 7" x 6' 11", 5' 3" x 7' 10", 6' 7" x 9' 10", Runner 2' 7" x 9' 10" and Runner 2' 7" x 4' 11"
- Material: 100% New Zealand Wool and Viscose Blend
- Designed in Australia
Made in India
About the Brand
Oh Happy Home!, also known as OHH! and previously known as Happy As Larry Designs, is a collection of truly magnificent rugs made by elves...well, sort of. At least that's what the kids think when they play on them. These magical rugs are handmade in Nepal and India, using the best quality yarns available. Each piece is passionately designed by Amy, Australian designer and founder of OHH!, who is also a mom to three beautiful boys. She believes that a happy family is a happy home. Her goal is to create pieces where good design meets function with family front and centre. OHH! is an official partner with Goodweave International ensuring that their rugs are made by adult artisans, not children. Goodweave's mission is to end child labour in carpet weaving communities around the world. Each rug sold by OHH! supports the work of abolishing child labour and providing educational opportunities for these children. Read more about this brand here.
About New Zealand Wool and Viscose Rugs
The New Zealand sheep farm industry is held to extremely high standards when it comes to sheep husbandry. Internationally banned pesticides are prohibited from being used on New Zealand sheep farms. Voluntary certifications such as the Responsible Wool Standard (RWS) are in place to ensure that sheep are treated responsibly and that their surrounding land are protected and respected. Often raised on high altitudes in harsh climates, New Zealand sheep farms cause very little impact to the natural landscape and do not compete with food production.
When it comes to New Zealand sheep wool, it is regarded as the purest and whitest wool in the world. This is an important characteristic when it comes to rug making, especially for rug designs that entail lighter shades of colour. New Zealand wool offers excellent dyeing characteristics that create long-lasting colours.
Amongst the many benefits of wool rugs, it is a natural material that is hygienic, non allergenic, has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. Wool is also flame resistant thanks to its thick insulating char layer and is a great choice for asthma sufferers because of its natural filtering ability. The natural strength and ability to withstand heavy foot traffic allows a wool rug to last for decades. For this reason, we view wool as the best choice particularly for a baby’s nursery or kid’s bedroom.
Care Instructions for Wool Rugs
- Vacuum regularly and as needed using suction only (no bristles)
- Spot clean as needed using a damp cloth with plain water. Do not use soap or cleaning products as they could damage or fade the rug
- For spills, absorb immediately with a white dry cloth
- For larger, deeper stains, send the rug to a professional service with experience cleaning fine rugs
- Rotate rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear
- To preserve the life of the rug, we recommend using a rug pad
When you buy a Turchia Taupe Area Rug from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the rug to your home. You will also have access to our free design consultation team who can help you plan the layout of your room to best suit your new Turchia Taupe Area Rug. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Turchia Taupe Area Rug sku # SHF-TURK on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!