The most iconic piece in the Cotton Wood Collection is this Lorena Canals Path of Nature Washable Play Rug. It is covered in intricate details that mimic the textures of the forest floor, creating an authentic miniature landscape. Its irregular border, the yarn melange, the new tufting techniques and different pile heights applied, provide a three dimensional effect on the rug's surface. On this Lorena Canals Path of Nature Washable Play rug, children can bring to life the enchanted forest experience along with their new cuddly friend, the little cotton horse that comes with the rug! The play rug and cuddly horse cushion is machine washable making it a perfect addition to any child's bedroom. Let them make a mess, explore and connect with nature without worry of ruining the rug.
This Lorena Canals Path of Nature Washable Play Rug is part of the Cotton Wood Collection, which evokes a walk in the woods with moss covered pathways, lichen covered rocks and pine cones scattered on the ground. You can faintly hear the rustle of a squirrel climbing up a tree, pine trees swaying in the wind, the mushrooms peeking through the fallen autumn leaves and the special scent of rosemary and pine. The wooded landscape of the Mediterranean coast inspires a whole range of shapes and textures that is reflected in these timeless rug and accessory pieces. Each piece brings nature into the home with a subdued colour palette that imitates the forest's hues, and the use of mixed cotton yarns in different shades provide an overall natural looking finish.
All Lorena Canals rugs are designed to be easily washed at home in a conventional washing machine. They are handmade one by one by artisans who take care of every detail, with 100% natural fibers and non-toxic dyes. All Lorena Canals rugs including this Lorena Canals Path of Nature Washable Play Rug from the Cotton Woods Collection is designed with a commitment to the environment. These rugs are eco-friendly, kid-friendly and suitable for any home. And because cotton is a natural material, it offers a soft and comfortable padding for kids and pets of all ages.
- Construction: Hand Made
- Each Lorena Canals rug is handmade in their private facility in India using traditional methods
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Material: 97% Cotton, 3% other fibre, recycled cotton base and natural non-toxic dyes
- Using exclusively natural dyes and done with cotton makes it safe for babies, kids and pets
- Natural dyes also keeps the rug light, soft and flexible
- Cotton is a sustainable and natural fibre that is well suited for those with allergy sensitivities
- Being a trusted brand in the industry, this high quality cotton rug is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play
- Cotton rugs are light weight making clean-up very easy. Simply give it a shake!
- For larger messes, throw the entire rug into a domestic washing machine on gentle cycle
- Cotton rugs are extremely soft and comfortable even for bare feet and babies' tender knees.
- Brand: Lorena Canals
- Each Lorena Canals rug bares the signature of the designer on the back, which certifies their quality and authenticity
- Designed in Barcelona
- All Lorena Canals rugs comply with all quality and safety regulations for children including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and AITEX certified
- This rug is environmentally friendly and free from toxic dyes or contaminants
- Size: 4' x 5' 3"
- Colour: Natural, Ash Rose, Brown, Olive, Pearl Blue
- Location: Indoor/outdoor use
About the Brand
It started with one simple question that perhaps a lot of us parents have: 'Why can't we wash our kids' rugs at home? That was enough to set Lorena Canals on a journey to come up with a solution. Lorena Canals started her company to fill the void of modern day living. Her rug designs are stylish and practical. Made from 100% cotton, her rug collection is machine-washable and is the new standard in the world of rug design.
28 years later, Lorena Canals now operates out of offices in Barcelona and New York. Their rugs are manufactured in two of their very own facilities in India where they have full control of the quality and best practices. Their designers work side by side with 120 artisans who take care of every detail in an elaborate handmade process. The brand prides itself on quality in every aspect of production, from the finest raw materials to socially responsible labour practices. Nowadays, Lorena Canals products are found worldwide in more than 2,500 points of sale, making its products available in more than 40 countries. Their offerings have expanded to include Home Decoration serving both children and grown-ups! A nursery funded by the SAKULA PROJECT now has 120 boys and girls attending and continues to grow year after year.
Care Instructions for Cotton Rugs
- Wash separately at 30 degrees maximum
- Use a gentle cycle and mild detergent without bleach
- Tumble dry at low temperature. Do not leave the wet rug inside the washing machine
- Avoid continuous exposure to the sun
- Do not worry if fluff appears
- Sweep the rug with a stiff broom and use a vacuum cleaner regularly
- If you find a long thread, cut it with scissors. Never pull it
- Enjoy the rug and let your kids get messy!
- Rug pad is recommended to prevent slippage