Note: As this rug is made to order, please allow 10 to 12 weeks for production. All sales are FINAL. Custom sizes, colours and shapes (runner, circle, rounds) are available.
This whimsical polka dot rug is designed for children and checks all the boxes in terms of safety and style. Made with GOTS certified organic cotton, the white polka dots adorn this soft and plush grey background making this a playful piece for a child's bedroom! The poms have a higher pile height than the background creating a textured multi level pile.
Organic Weave Shop is the world's first company to offer a collection of GOTS certified organic area rugs. Impeccably handcrafted and sourced from raw materials in harmony with nature, it is evident that Linda, the owner of Organic Weave, has a tremendous love for people & planet and is the very reason Rugs by Roo are huge supporters of her brand. In her rug collection, you will find classic pieces that suit families looking for the healthiest option for their children. All Organic Weave rugs are also GoodWeave certified meaning that no child, forced or bonded labour was involved in the making of the rug.
- Construction: Hand Tufted
- Material: 100% GOTS certified organic cotton
- Certified organic cotton ensures that your little ones are not exposed to harmful chemicals or pesticides
- Ultra-soft cotton offers an extremely comfortable foundation even for bare feet and babies' tender knees
- Cotton is a sustainable and natural fibre that is well suited for those with allergy sensitivities
- Colours are created with all natural dyes, again ensuring that your little ones are not exposed to unnecessary toxins
- GoodWeave certified
- Being a trusted brand in the industry, this high quality organic cotton rug is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play
- Brand: Organic Weave Shop
- Sizes Available: 5' x 8', 6' x 9', 8' x 10', 9' x 12' and 10' x 14'
- Colour: White and Grey
- Designed in Canada
- Made in India
- This rug has been handtufted by punching strands of cotton into an organic cotton canvas stretched over a frame. Master weavers "tuft" using a hand operated tufting-gun. The rug including the backing is made from 100% organic cotton and is attached with a GOTS approved latex glue
- Location: Indoor use
- Recommended to pair with a non-skid rug pad
- Actual colors and size may vary from the image(s) shown due to manufacturing limitations
About the Brand
Linda Alexanian, owner of Organic Weave Shop, began with the question: does the world really need another rug company? Perhaps being the world's first company to offer a collection of GOTS certified organic area rugs would be reason enough to begin down this journey. Families really could use a healthier alternative to those commercialized rugs laced with chemicals. But that's only part of the story. The other part involves partnering with women in rural India to weave her rugs. During her trip to India back in 1989, Linda witnessed widespread child labor in the rug industry. It was at that point that she made a promise to herself that one day, she would get involved and work with women in rural India. Linda understood that children are only compelled to work out of economic necessity, and that no mother would have her child work if she had an economic alternative.
Since then, Organic Weave has been providing dignified work and sustainable income to adult women weavers. Every Organic Weave Shop rug is both
GOTS certified and
GoodWeave certified ensuring that the rug is made with the purest of materials and involved no child, forced or bonded labor is the process. Organic Weave Shop also pledges 1% of all earnings to
Sudara Freedom Fund in India. This fund provides safe housing for women escaping trafficking and sexual exploitation. The Founder of Sudar, Shannon Keith, works with women who are at a high risk of being forced into the sex trade by their families or picked up off the streets by local pimps, by providing employment and housing.
About Organic Cotton
Organic cotton is made from natural seeds, with no use of pesticides or other harmful chemicals. As a result, organic cotton is safer for the skin than regular farmed cotton and has zero toxic emissions. Cotton is also a renewable and eco-friendly material that is easy to clean and maintain. It's ultra soft fibers offer an unparalleled feeling of softness, comfort and warmth. GOTS is the world's leading standard for organic textile certification. GOTS criteria includes ecological and social accountability standards and is backed up by independent certification of the entire supply chain. This includes independent testing and certification of raw, semi-finished and unfinished textile products at all levels of processing to ensure that the end product is suitable for certification.
- Brooms and sweepers are a great, gentle way to clean your rug
- When using a vacuum, use the handheld attachment without the rotating beater bar on
- For spills, blot immediately with a clean white cloth or towel. Never rub a spill as doing so will force the spill deeper into the cotton fiber
- For heavier spills or stain, use a solution of diluted vinegar and water (1:10 parts) or a diluted natural cleaning liquid. Remove residual cleaner with clean water and absorb remaining moisture with a dry towel
- To fully clean a cotton rug, use a professional cleaning expert
- Rug pad is recommended to prevent slippage
When you buy a Organic Weave Cotton Grey White Polka Dot Rug from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the rug to your home. You will also have access to our free design consultation team who can help you plan the layout of your room to best suit your new Organic Weave Cotton Grey White Polka Dot Rug. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Organic Weave Cotton Grey White Polka Dot Rug on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!