This Naturepedic 2-in-1 Organic Kids Mattress is perfect for young kids making the big transition out of a crib to their big boy or big girl bed. Lined with generous layers of organic cotton over a premium innerspring, this 2-in-1 mattress offers a soft cotton surface on one side and a waterproof layer on the other side, perfect for those who are still potty training. Both sides are made of non-toxic, certified organic materials that make this an excellent choice for parents seeking to eliminate harmful chemicals and allergens. The waterproofing technology is exclusive to Naturepedic and features organic cotton fabric with a waterproof coating made from non-GMO sugarcane without any glues or adhesives.
This Naturepedic 2-in-1 Organic Kids Mattress is built on the firmer side to help support kids’ developing bones. Naturepedic replaces flame retardant barriers, adhesives, and other toxic chemicals with healthier organic and non-toxic materials so you can be sure your child gets Safe Healthy Sleep™. This mattress also works great in bunk beds, platform beds and trundles due to its low profile.
All Naturepedic mattresses meet the organic and non-toxic standards of the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), a consumer goods certification recognized by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), and have earned the trust of parents and doctors across the country. Winner of numerous prestigious endorsements, Naturepedic organic mattresses meet the highest physical, chemical, and allergenic safety awards.
- Organic cotton fabric and fill that offers a soft and safe surface for your child
- No flame retardants, glues or adhesives
- Every Naturepedic mattress passes all government flammability requirements without any flame retardant chemicals or barriers
- No polyurethane foam
- No toxic chemical odours/smells
- Easy to clean non-toxic food-grade waterproof surface, great for potty training kids
- Made with PLA (polylactide) fiber which provides a non-toxic, soft and comfortable feel, wicks away moisture, and resists body impressions. PLA fiber comes from a plant, in this case sugarcane
- Mattress ships roll-packed helping reduce carbon footprint
Premium innerspring offers support where needed
- The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) Certification ensures organic status of textiles, from harvesting of the raw materials, through environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing up to labeling in order to provide a credible assurance to the end consumer
- MadeSafe Certified products are made with ingredients not to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems.
- Naturepedic mattresses have been tested and certified by UL/GREENGUARD laboratories for low chemical emissions. They are additionally certified as formaldehyde-free
- Made in the USA
- 10 year limited manufacturer warranty
- Washable cover, handy for bedwetters if the mattress pad comes off, is in the wash or was forgotten entirely
- Once bedwetting is under control, simply flip over to the other side for a more mature quilted feel
- Fits standard size twin beds
- Available in 4 sizes:
- Twin - 38" x 75" x 7"
- Twin Trundle - 38" x 75" x 6"
- Twin Trundle Short - 38" x 71" x 6"
- Full - 53" x 75" x 7"
- Low profile allows this mattress to fit in bunk beds, trundles and platform beds
Mattress top: 100% GOTS certified
organic cotton fabric, organic cotton fill and PLA comfort layer
- Mattress bottom: Waterproof surface made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton fabric and PLA comfort layer
- Mattress interior layers:
- 1” organic cotton comfort layer
- 7” premium innerspring unit
- 1” organic cotton comfort layer
- All organic cotton are derived from USDA certified sources
patented Naturepedic design, the waterproof side of the mattress features an organic cotton fabric with an LDPE waterproof coating so pure it actually meets food contact standards (made from non-GMO sugarcane without any glues or adhesives)
- PLA is a high-performance synthetic fibre made from non-GMO sugarcane that adds resiliency and unique performance characteristics. PLA is entirely plant based and is used in a variety of industries including food packaging and medical supplies and does not contain or off-gas any harmful chemicals
- Premium innersprings offer contouring support so your child will fall asleep and stay asleep. The open nature of the coils provide excellent breathability and heat dissipation
ABOUT THE BRAND
Nothing drives you more than the love for your own grandchild, which is how the Naturepedic story got started. Barry A. Cik was searching for a suitable baby crib mattress for his first grandchild and found the options on the market to be completely unacceptable. Being a veteran in the field of environmental engineering with over 30 years of experience chasing chemicals, Barry knew all about vinyl/PVC, polyurethane foam, and the various chemicals contained in mattresses, and “there was no way I was going to put my grandchild to sleep
within a few inches of these chemicals”. And even the organic options in the market were not waterproof, which meant that if it got wet, it would grow mold and fungus without any effective way to clean it.
Together with his sons, Barry founded Naturepedic in 2003, creating the first and only organic baby crib mattress designed with a
patented food-grade waterproof surface made from non-GMO sugarcane with various breathable options. Since then, Naturepedic has grown its collection to include kids and adult mattresses and has become the leader in offering the very best
certified organic mattresses in the market.