One of our much loved favourites, this hand-woven Pink Sahara Rug uses 100% New Zealand wool and wears a geometric pattern in hues of grey, blue, pink and rust on a cream coloured background. The tufted details give the rug texture and a three dimensional effect, a design that is truly captivating and not something you see often.
Perfect in a baby nursery or girl's bedroom, this Pink Sahara is soft, comfortable and gives the feeling of warmth making it a welcoming spot for those bare feet and babies' bottoms. The Pink Sahara is a high quality area rug that is intended to grow up with your child and to last a lifetime. We consider this an investment piece and a true gem to have in your home.
- Technique: Hand woven
- Material: 100% New Zealand Wool
- New Zealand is regarded as the purest and whitest wool in the world
- Wool is naturally stain and flame resistant
- New Zealand wool is a great choice amongst kids with allergy sensitivities because it is hygienic and non allergenic, has no harmful gasses and is a natural air filter
- Wool also makes a great sound barrier keeping noise out during naps and quiet time
- Brand: Oh Happy Home!
- Designed in Australia
- Made in India
- Location: Indoor use only
- Rug pad is recommended to prevent slippage and to protect your floors
Important Note: This item ships from India. Please allow 2 to 8 weeks for delivery. Status updates will be sent to you via email upon ordering.
About the Brand
Oh Happy Home!, also known as OHH! and previously known as Happy As Larry Designs, is a collection of truly magnificent rugs made by elves...well, sort of. At least that's what the kids think when they play on them. These magical rugs are handmade in Nepal and India, using the best quality yarns available. Each piece is passionately designed by Amy, Australian designer and founder of OHH!, who is also a mom to three beautiful boys. Read more about this brand here.
About New Zealand Wool
The New Zealand sheep farm industry is held to extremely high standards when it comes to sheep husbandry. Internationally banned pesticides are prohibited from being used on New Zealand sheep farms. Voluntary certifications such as the Responsible Wool Standard (RWS) are in place to ensure that sheep are treated responsibly and that their surrounding land are protected and respected. Often raised on high altitudes in harsh climates, New Zealand sheep farms cause very little impact to the natural landscape and do not compete with food production.
When it comes to New Zealand sheep wool, it is regarded as the purest and whitest wool in the world. This is an important characteristic when it comes to rug making, especially for rug designs that entail lighter shades of colour. New Zealand wool offers excellent dyeing characteristics that create long-lasting colours. Amongst the many benefits of wool rugs, it is a natural material that is hygienic, non allergenic, has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. Wool is also flame resistant thanks to its thick insulating char layer and is a great choice for asthma sufferers because of its natural filtering ability. The natural strength and ability to withstand heavy foot traffic allows a wool rug to last for decades.
Care Instructions for Wool Rugs
- Vacuum regularly and as needed using suction only (no bristles)
- Spot clean as needed using a damp cloth with plain water. Do not use soap or cleaning products as they could damage or fade the rug
- For spills, absorb immediately with white dry cloth
- For larger, deeper stains, send the rug to a professional service with experience cleaning fine rugs
- Rotate rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear
- To preserve the life of the rug, we recommend using a rug pad