As you may know, traditional mattress manufacturers use many harmful chemicals in their mattresses. This White Lotus Home Crib Mattress, nicknamed the Dreamton, is made from USDA and GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) Certified Organic Cotton and the outer fabric is also 100% GOTS Certified Organic Cotton. Each mattress is crafted by hand and contains an inner core of unbleached, untreated cotton batting.
It starts with 18 to 20 layers of cotton, measuring about 26 to 30" thick, that is compressed during a process spanning three days. This labor-intensive technique results in a final product measuring 3.5" thick and is immensely firm, so much so that it cannot be bent or folded. The mattress is made firm to reduce the risk of SIDS and meets the most stringent of safety standards as set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Each crib mattress contains an interior cotton core wrapped in a layer of virgin lambswool from within an unbleached, 100% cotton case. With wool as the outermost layer, there is no need for fire retardant chemicals because wool is a naturally fire retardant fibre.
Free from all forms of chemicals and dyes, this White Lotus Home Dreamton Organic Crib Mattress is truly the purest option in the market and receives our Rugs by Roo stamp of approval! And did we mention that this mattress is handmade in the USA? It takes an artisan about 6 months to learn how to create a White Lotus Home crib mattress.
- Material: GOTS Organic Cotton and Wool
- Mattress cover: 100% GOTS Organic Cotton
- Size: 28" x 54" x 3"
- Weight: 20 to 30 lbs
- Note: as all White Lotus Home products are handmade, all dimensions and weights are approximates and can vary up to 1" in all directions
- Colour: Natural
The crib mattress fits in any standard crib frame and offers a safe night's sleep without fear of formaldehyde, chemical and fire retardant exposure
- Undyed cotton is better for your skin and the environment
- Cotton is a sustainable and natural fibre that is well suited for those with allergy sensitivities
- Brand: White Lotus Home
- Designed and handmade in USA
- Cotton is USDA and GOTS certified meaning it is free of all forms of chemicals, dyes and toxins from farm to bed. Not only does this offer a safer option for the end consumer, it is also safer for the workers who make the product
- All White Lotus Home products are made in a factory that is GOTS certified meaning not only do they abide by the most stringent environmental guidelines but they are also socially cautious. The factory provides advanced education programs and quality healthcare for its employees.
About Organic Cotton
As you're probably aware, cotton is a natural fibre that comes from the cotton plant and grows commonly all over the world. It is a renewable and eco-friendly material that is easy to clean and maintain. Cotton offers an unparalleled feeling of softness, comfort and warmth like no other fibres.
Things you might not know about cotton, however, is that conventional cotton farms uses heavy amounts of pesticides in the crop fields that not only poses a health risk for the farmers but also results in the cotton fibres being leached with toxins and chemicals that can impact your health.
Organic cotton is grown without the use of harmful pesticides and toxic chemicals. It doesn't damage the soil, has less impact on the air, uses less water and less energy than conventional cotton. The result is a cotton that offers the best of both worlds - safe for the farmers and safe for the end consumer.
- It is recommended that you flip the mattress every three months if placed on a slatted surface, and every month if it is placed on a solid surface. This is avoid compaction and allow the material to air out
- For spills, spot clean only. Never saturate your mattress with liquid sprays.
- To spot clean, use a mild solution of three parts water to one part vinegar in a spray bottle. For particularly stubborn spills, a mild detergent is perfectly fine to add to the bottle as well.
- Always ensure your mattress is thoroughly dried after a spot cleaning, either by using a hair dryer or placing it in the sun to air out
- A protective Barrier Cloth or mattress cover is recommended to ensure spills never get out of hand
About the Brand
Since 1981, White Lotus Home has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality natural products and is a proud member of Green America, the Organic Trade Association and is now a GOTS Certified Organic company. Since their mattresses, pillows and bedding are made with pure and natural ingredients, White Lotus Home provides more than a good night's rest. They offer peace of mind for the Earth-conscious and health conscious consumer.
Marlon Pando, owner of White Lotus Home, was born in the village of Sullana, Peru, where sustainability is a way of life. Today, Marlon continues to be committed to a sustainable lifestyle and educating consumers about indoor air quality and toxic chemicals in mattress foams, glues and fire retardant substances. That is why the entire line of White Lotus Home products are free of formaldehyde, dyes, fragrances and other chemicals. In fact, the name White Lotus Home uses the analogy of a white lotus flower that sprouts from muddy lakes and its stalks rise above the waters to reveal a magnificent blossom. The white lotus flower represents the human condition's triumph over chemicals and toxins in the environment by way of handcrafted natural products.