The hand-loomed Makai collection combines easy, open patterns with an inviting, soft feel to anchor any room with cozy, Moroccan vibes. The Sahar rug features a subtle, broken trellis design in variegated and grounding tones of brown, taupe, gray, and tan. The blend of viscose and wool yarn softens the feel without any compromise to the authentic vintage look.
- Handmade Quality: hand loomed by artisans in India for notable durability and quality
- Premium Blend: blended of 70% viscose and 30% wool for a soft hand and a subtle luster
- Medium Pile: 0.4 pile height with a soft hand
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Brand: Jaipur
- Collection: Makai
- Construction: Handwoven
- Style: Global
- Material: 70% Viscose 30% Wool
- Backing Material: N/A
- Pile Height: 2/5"
- Handmade in India
- Designed in USA
- Colour: Brown, Taupe
- Rug Pad Recommended: prevent bunching and slipping with a rubber-backed, non-slip rug pad
- Location: Indoor use
About the Brand
'Let goodness, fairness and most importantly, love prevail in business; profits will inevitably follow' - NK Chaudhary, Founder of Jaipur Living. This is the premise on which Jaipur Living was built, which is why it is one of the most successful and thoughtful household rug brands in the world. Nand Kishore Chaudhary founded Jaipur Rugs in 1978 working alongside 9 artisans on two looms. He built the business on the principles of dignity, employing and empowering women and artists. As of today, Jaipur removes the middleman by employing a network of 50,000 artisans in more than 700 villages in India who work with passion and love for this timeless craft. These artisan partners are provided with a livable and reliable wage along with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Jaipur Rugs Foundation was founded and tasked with a mission to connect the artisans to themselves by nurturing their creative capacity. Through this foundation, over 273,000 lives were benefited including receiving education and door-to-door healthcare. Artisan families are able to build their first brick home and their children are able to attend school. Today, Jaipur Living is a women led business as NK Chaudhary's daughters Asha and Archana Chaudhary take over, expanding their father's vision through love and innovation.
- Blot stains immediately and avoid prolonged exposure to moisture. Professional cleaning is recommended for stain removal or periodic cleaning care. Vacuum with beater bar off.