Note: This rug is made to order in Portugal. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for production and 2 to 3 weeks for delivery
Why do we love birds? Because they remind us to spread our wings and fly. And when we are done flying and need a bit of a break, we can come back to the great big wings of this petronia, curl up and recharge until the next flight. This playful area rug placed in a child's room is a great reminder that children are adventure seekers. It is important to let them soar knowing that they can always come back to the comforts of their home.
This Little Cabari Petronia rug is a realistic representation of the Petronia bird, a small sparrow displaying beautiful shades of blue and golden brown feathers. This rug is made of 100% New Zealand Wool, a material that carries many features in addition to its softness and beauty. New Zealand Wool is a natural, biodegradeable and sustainably sourced material. Using all natural dyes, this rug is completely safe around babies, kids and pets. It is handmade in Portugal using the highest quality materials and is made to last a lifetime.
- Construction: Hand Tufted
- This rug is made to order, and is handmade by local crafts(wo)men in Portugal. Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Material: 100% New Zealand Wool
- New Zealand Wool is a natural material and is well suited for those with allergy sensitivies
- Only non-toxic dyes are used ensuring that it is safe for babies, kids and pets
- This high quality rug is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play. The rug is extremely soft and comfortable even for bare feet and babies’ tender knees.
- Brand: Little Cabari
- Colour: Blue and brown
- Material: 100% New Zealand Wool
- New Zealand Wool is naturally stain resistant making it perfect for a kid's room or playroom where things may get a bit messy from time to time
New Zealand Wool is a great choice amongst kids with allergy sensitivities because it is hygienic and non allergenic, has no harmful gasses and is a natural air filter
New Zealand Wool have the ability to absorb and release moisture, making it a great way to balance temperature and humidity levels in a room. And because it has antibacterial properties, there is no worry of mold or mildew
- Due to its absorbent nature, New Zealand Wool picks up the colours from dyes really well. That is why most manufacturers of wool rugs can offer the same rug in hundreds of different colours!
New Zealand Wool is a strong fiber but it is also extremely soft to the touch
New Zealand Wool wood pulp is completely biodegradable and comes from European forests that are strictly managed according to SFC certificate making it one of the most sustainable resources in the world.
- Designed in France
- Made in Portugal
- Shape: Round
- Size: 130 cm / 170 cm / 200 cm / 240 cm
- Size in Inches: 4' 3" / 5' 6" / 6' 6" / 7' 9"
- Location: Indoor
About the Brand
The Little Cabari is a design brand based in Paris, France founded by Alice and Camille, two creatives who seems to be a perfect match for one another. When Alice is busy hand painting vegetation, birds and other animals, Camille is running the business and bringing the vibrant motifs into the everyday world. When one imagines a decor, the other thinks of the furniture that would fit there. They know how to unite their talents to create rugs that are unique to this world. It is their dreamy designs and beautiful details that we adore so much.
Little Cabari rugs are made to last a lifetime and is a treasure that gets passed from generation to generation. They call upon the best crafts(wo)men from France, Portugal and Germany, offering a collection of local tailor-made high quality rugs that is truly one of a kind. And since each rug is made to order, each rug can be customized to suit the specific needs of any room. Just give us a call or send us an email should you have custom requests.
About New Zealand Wool
The New Zealand sheep farm industry is held to extremely high standards when it comes to sheep husbandry. Internationally banned pesticides are prohibited from being used on New Zealand sheep farms. Voluntary certifications such as the Responsible Wool Standard (RWS) are in place to ensure that sheep are treated responsibly and that their surrounding land are protected and respected. Often raised on high altitudes in harsh climates, New Zealand sheep farms cause very little impact to the natural landscape and do not compete with food production.
When it comes to New Zealand sheep wool, it is regarded as the purest and whitest wool in the world. This is an important characteristic when it comes to rug making, especially for rug designs that entail lighter shades of colour. New Zealand wool offers excellent dyeing characteristics that create long-lasting colours. Amongst the many benefits of wool rugs, it is a natural material that is hygienic, non allergenic, has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. Wool is also flame resistant thanks to its thick insulating char layer and is a great choice for asthma sufferers because of its natural filtering ability. The natural strength and ability to withstand heavy foot traffic allows a wool rug to last for decades. We view wool as the best choice particularly for a baby’s nursery or kid’s bedroom.
Care Instructions for New Zealand Wool Rugs
- Vacuum regularly and as needed using suction only (no bristles)
- Pilling may occur during the first 3 to 4 months of usage. This is a common characteristic of natural cut fibers
- Spot clean using a damp cloth with plain water. Do not use soap or cleaning products as they could damage or fade the rug
- For spills, absorb immediately with a white dry cloth or paper towel. Do not rub or put pressure on the rug when wet as this may damage the fibers and the structure of the rug
- For larger, deeper stains, send the rug to a professional service with experience cleaning fine rugs
- Rotate rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear
- To preserve the life of the rug, we recommend using a rug pad
When you buy a Little Cabari Tapis Petronia from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the rug to your home. You will also have access to our free design consultation team who can help you plan the layout of your room to best suit your new Little Cabari rug. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Little Cabari Tapis Petronia on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!