In a recent trip to Sri Lanka, the designer Lorena Canals was captivated by the beautiful green landscape of a tea plantation she visited. The hills and valleys of this exotic land inspired her to create the Fields Collection. Drinking tea is a worldwide pleasure that contributes feelings of harmony, peace of mind and well-being. This Lorena Canals Almond Valley Wool Washable Area Rug is an attempt to convey these feelings of serenity in an everlasting rug such that one can be reminded of these small pleasures in life.
This Lorena Canals Almond Valley Wool Washable Area Rug uses a dark brown cotton canvas base to represent the fertile land that is visible among the ordered crops. The short wool pile in Linen beige colour resembles alleys of almond trees that cover the hills of a vast landscape. The combination of the linen beige pile and dark brown base creates a sophisticated piece that is cozy, tender and modern.
The Woolable collection by Lorena Canals is the first wool rug collection ever designed to be washable at home in a domestic washing machine. Never has this existed in the history of rug making. The convenience this brings is huge to many households who have pets or small children. Rugs by Roo is all about sustainability and conscious living, and this collection meets all these requirements on top of the beautiful designs and colours.
- Each Woolable rug is handcrafted by skilled artisans in a private facility in India using natural wool fibers
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Each rug is hand-dyed using natural non-polluting dyes that follow an eco-friendly framework making it completely safe for our little ones as well as the environment
- Natural dyes also keeps the rug light, soft and flexible
- Being a trusted brand in the industry, this high quality wool rug is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play
- This light-weight wool rug makes clean-up very easy. Simply give it a shake!
- For larger messes, throw the entire rug into a domestic washing machine on gentle-cycle
- Each rug comes with a cotton bag and a non-slip underlay (rug pad)
- Brand: Lorena Canals
- Construction: Hand Made
- Size: 5' 7" x 7' 11"
- Colour: Linen beige pile and dark brown canvas
- Material: 100% Wool and recycled cotton base and Natural non-toxic dyes
- Pile height: Short
- Each Lorena Canals rug has the signature of the designer on the back, which certifies their quality and authenticity
- Designed in Barcelona
- Made in India
- All Lorena Canals rugs comply with all quality and safety regulations for children including Certificate of Compliance (CPSIA), ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001
- This rug is environmentally friendly and free from toxic dyes or contaminants
- Location: Indoor & Outdoor use
- Included: Cotton Bag and a Non-slip underlay
About the Brand
Over the last 20 years, Lorena Canals has evolved to become one of the most well-known brands and creators of washable rugs at home. Lorena Canals revolutionized the rug industry when they first introduced their collection of washable cotton rugs to the world. It started with one simple question that perhaps a lot of us parents have asked: 'Why can't we wash our kids' rugs at home?’
Lorena Canals started her company to fill the void of modern day living making rugs that are 100% cotton and machine-washable. 20 years later, she is here to do it again with her latest collection of washable wool rugs, the first of its kind. Woolables are designed for home - everyday modern living - and are made of 100% wool.
Lorena Canals operates out of offices in Barcelona and New York. Their rugs are manufactured in two of their very own facilities in India where they have full control of the quality and best practices. Their designers work side by side with 120 artisans who take care of every detail in an elaborate handmade process. The brand prides itself on quality in every aspect of production, from the finest raw materials to socially responsible labour practices. Nowadays, Lorena Canals products are found worldwide in more than 2,500 points of sale and available in more than 40 countries. Their offerings have expanded to include Home Decoration serving both children and grown-ups! A nursery funded by the SAKULA PROJECT now has 120 boys and girls attending and continues to grow year after year.
From an eco-friendly perspective, wool is a renewable resource and is bio-degradable making it a great choice for “green” households. Wool rugs typically have superior strength and durability compared to synthetic fibres. The pile of a wool rug is very sturdy and insulating. It is also naturally fire retardant and self-extinguishing.
You might have heard of lanolin? It is a natural substance found in wool that coats its surface making it stain resistant. This coating helps stop dirt and stains from actually penetrating the wool. That is why spills on wool is very easy to clean. Finally, wool is a healthy choice when it comes to a rug. Wool is a natural material that is hygienic and non allergenic, it has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. For these reasons, we view wool as the best choice particularly for a baby’s nursery or kid’s bedroom.
Care Instructions for Woolables by Lorena Canals
- When you first receive the rug, unpack the rug from its bag and lay flat. Allow the pile to condition at room temperature for 2 to 3 days, then brush or vacuum as normal to allow the pile to recover
- Wool rugs will shed fibers when new and during use. This is not a defect but a characteristic of the natural wool fiber used
- Trim with scissors any pulled or loose threads to prevent further damage
- To prevent dust and crumbs from settling into the roots of the fiber, we recommend regular vacuuming using low-powered vacuum cleaner with high-pile setting
- Clean spots and absorb liquid spills immediately with a clean, absorbent cloth. Avoid scrubbing
- Do not use chemicals as they could damage or fade the colours of your rug
- When rug is in need of a wash, check the label sewn onto the rug for recommended washing machine capacity for each rug
- For this size, we recommend a minimum capacity of 9 kg
- Wash separately at 30 degrees using a gentle cycle for a maximum of 30 minutes. A neutral detergent can be used during the wash
- Make sure to use a low spin cycle if the rug has braids or fringes
- Do not use bleach or softener
- Do not leave the wet rug in the washer as colours may bleed and transfer
- Tumble dry at low temperature
- Do not dry clean
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight as it may result in colour fading
- Never store the rug in an airtight plastic bag. Use the cotton bag that is included for storing
- We recommend the use of the anti-slip underlay (included) to keep the rug in place