What better way to make veggies fun than a giant rug in the shape of a radish? But this isn't any ordinary radish. Say hello to 'Ramona The Radish'! This Lorena Canals Oli & Carol Ramona The Radish Washable Area Rug was derived from a collaboration between Lorena Canals and Oli & Carol designed to spark joy and convey a meaningful message to inspire children to lead a healthy lifestyle.
This collection advocates for plant-rich diet from an early age and encourages environmental respect. This vegetable theme capsule collection captures children's interest in gardening and playing in nature, providing fun playtime indoors without all the mess! Many of its designs prompt child interaction by stimulating role play and sensorial experimentation, sparking self-discovery in true Montessori fashion.
Oli & Carol is a young company from Barcelona that specializes in cool, natural toys for modern parents and kids. Their core belief is in taking care of the environment by offering natural, sustainable products that follow an artisanal handmade process. They also happen to be Lorena Canals' daughters, which makes this a family collaboration!
This Lorena Canals Oli & Carol Ramona The Radish Washable Area Rug is in the shape of a big radish, in pink shades combined with ivory, and green leaves on top. The rug is finished with irregular braids attached on top and at the bottom part of the radish.
- Construction: Hand Made
- Each Lorena Canals product is handmade in their private facility in India using traditional methods
- Due to its handmade nature, each product is unique and one of a kind
- Material: 97% Cotton, 3% Other Fibre
- Base Material: Recycled cotton fibres
- Using exclusively natural dyes and no chemical sprays added, making it safe for babies, kids and pets
- Natural dyes also keeps the surface light, soft and flexible
- Cotton is a sustainable and natural fibre that is well suited for those with allergy sensitivities
- Being a trusted brand in the industry, this high quality cotton Rug is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play
- Cotton Rugs are light weight making clean-up very easy. Simply give it a shake!
- For larger messes, throw the entire Rug into a domestic washing machine on gentle cycle
- Cotton Rugs are extremely soft and comfortable even for bare feet and babies' tender knees.
- Brand: Lorena Canals
- Collection: Oli & Carol
- Handmade in India
- Each Lorena Canals Rug bares the signature of the designer on the back, which certifies their quality and authenticity
- Designed in Barcelona
- All Lorena Canals products comply with all quality and safety regulations for children including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001
- This item is environmentally friendly and free from toxic dyes or contaminants
- Size: 3' 3" x 5' 11" or 100 x 150 cm
- Colour: Natural, Dark green, Ash rose, Vintage Nude
- Location: Indoor/outdoor use
About the Brand
It started with one simple question that perhaps a lot of us parents have: 'Why can't we wash our kids' Rugs at home? That was enough to set Lorena Canals on a journey to come up with a solution. Lorena Canals started her company to fill the void of modern day living. Her Rug designs are stylish and practical. Made from 100% cotton, her Rug collection is machine-washable and is the new standard in the world of Rug design.
28 years later, Lorena Canals now operates out of offices in Barcelona and New York. Their Rugs are manufactured in two of their very own facilities in India where they have full control of the quality and best practices. Their designers work side by side with 120 artisans who take care of every detail in an elaborate handmade process. The brand prides itself on quality in every aspect of production, from the finest raw materials to socially responsible labour practices. Nowadays, Lorena Canals products are found worldwide in more than 2,500 points of sale, making its products available in more than 40 countries. Their offerings have expanded to include Home Decoration serving both children and grown-ups! A nursery funded by the SAKULA PROJECT now has 120 boys and girls attending and continues to grow year after year.
About 100% Cotton
As you're probably aware, cotton is a natural fibre that comes from the cotton plant and grows commonly all over the world. It is a renewable and eco-friendly material that is easy to clean and maintain. Compared to wool, it is a less durable material due to its softer fibres and therefore, cannot take the pounding that wool Rugs can. However, cotton Rugs do offer an unparalleled feeling of softness, comfort and warmth. And cotton bares one important quality that wool Rugs cannot offer. It is completely machine washable!
- Machine wash (capacity 10kg or more) separately using a delicate, 30ºC program without whitening
- Use a mild detergent, and do not use softeners
- Select low centrifuge speed if the rug has braids, fringes or pom poms. Do not leave the wet rug in the washer, as colors may run or stain
- Tumble dry at low temperature
- Avoid drying in the sun
- Don't worry if lint appears, as this is residue fiber produced from cutting the cotton. During the first few days, it is advisable to sweep the rug with a hard brush in the direction of the plush, and then it is recommended to use the vacuum cleaner. We do not recommend the use of robot vaccum cleaners
- Should you find any long or loose threads, cut these using a pair of scissors. Never pull a thread
- Keep away from fire.