The popular Puffy Love rug makes a comeback in a bolder, passion red version as seen through the eyes of fashion designer Agatha Ruiz de la Prada. This Lorena Canals Puffy Agatha Area Rug is a collaboration that links home decor with the world of fashion.
This Lorena Canals Puffy Agatha area rug offers a built-in cushion atop a heart-shaped rug. The cushion offers a perfect cradle for little ones who are learning to rollover and is great for baby's tummy time while they play on the soft and plush rug surface. Lay them on their backs or flip them over onto their tummies. As with all Lorena Canals rugs, both the Puffy Agatha rug and cushion is made of 100% cotton, non-toxic dyes and is completely machine washable. Your child can now live and play freely on their rug knowing that it will not get ruined. And because cotton is a natural material, it offers a soft and comfortable padding for those precious bottoms.
As with all Lorena Canals products, proceeds from each sale goes towards supporting a charity project for schooling underprivileged children in North India under the Sakûla Project, founded by Lorena Canals. Moreover, the Puffy Agatha rug also gives back to the Spanish Association of Breast Cancer (AECC).
- Construction: Hand Made
- Each Lorena Canals rug is handmade in their private facility in India using traditional methods
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Material: 100% Cotton and natural non-toxic dyes
- Using exclusively natural dyes and done with cotton makes it safe for babies, kids and pets
- Natural dyes also keeps the rug light, soft and flexible
- Cotton is a sustainable and natural fibre that is well suited for those with allergy sensitivities
- Being a trusted brand in the industry, this high quality cotton rug is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play
- Cotton rugs are light weight making clean-up very easy. Simply give it a shake!
- For larger messes, throw the entire rug including the cushion into a domestic washing machine on gentle cycle
- Cotton rugs are extremely soft and comfortable even for bare feet and babies' tender knees.
- Brand: Lorena Canals
- Each Lorena Canals rug bares the signature of the designer on the back, which certifies their quality and authenticity
- Designed in Barcelona
- Size: 5' 3'' x 5' 11'
- Colour: Red, Magenta
- All Lorena Canals rugs comply with all quality and safety regulations for children including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and AITEX certified
- This rug is environmentally friendly and free from toxic dyes or contaminants
- Location: Indoor & outdoor use
About the Designers
Both entrepreneurial Spanish women and successful designers, Agatha Ruiz de la Prada and Lorena Canals share a few things in common. As well as running their own signature businesses - the former in the field of fashion, licensing and product design, and the latter with over 20 years experience in designing washable rugs and textile decorations for the home - they both find meaning in what they do by giving back to good causes. Through her Sakûla Project, Lorena supports underprivileged children in India providing schooling and a meal a day; while Agatha raises funds for cancer research among other causes.
About Lorena Canals
It started with one simple question that perhaps a lot of us parents have: 'Why can't we wash our kids' rugs at home? That was enough to set Lorena Canals on a journey to come up with a solution. Lorena Canals started her company to fill the void of modern day living. Her rug designs are stylish and practical. Made from 100% cotton, her rug collection is machine-washable and is the new standard in the world of rug design.
28 years later, Lorena Canals now operates out of offices in Barcelona and New York. Their rugs are manufactured in two of their very own facilities in India where they have full control of the quality and best practices. Their designers work side by side with 120 artisans who take care of every detail in an elaborate handmade process. The brand prides itself on quality in every aspect of production, from the finest raw materials to socially responsible labour practices. Nowadays, Lorena Canals products are found worldwide in more than 2,500 points of sale, making its products available in more than 40 countries. Their offerings have expanded to include Home Decoration serving both children and grown-ups! A nursery funded by the Sakûla Project now has 120 boys and girls attending and continues to grow year after year.
About 100% Cotton
As you're probably aware, cotton is a natural fibre that comes from the cotton plant and grows commonly all over the world. It is a renewable and eco-friendly material that is easy to clean and maintain. Compared to wool, it is a less durable material due to its softer fibres and therefore, cannot take the pounding that wool rugs can. However, cotton rugs do offer an unparalleled feeling of softness, comfort and warmth. And cotton bares one important quality that wool rugs cannot offer. It is completely machine washable!
Care Instructions for Cotton Rugs
- The entire rug including the cushion can be washed in a domestic washing machine with a load capacity of 9 kg
- Wash separately at 30 degrees maximum
- Use a gentle cycle and mild detergent without bleach
- Tumble dry at low temperature. Do not leave the wet rug inside the washing machine
- Avoid continuous exposure to the sun
- Do not worry if fluff appears
- Sweep the rug with a stiff broom and use a vacuum cleaner regularly
- If you find a long thread, cut it with scissors. Never pull it
- Enjoy the rug and let your kids get messy!
- Rug pad is recommended to prevent slippage
When you buy a Lorena Canals Puffy Agatha Area Rug from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the rug to your home. You will also have access to our free design consultation team who can help you plan the layout of your room to best suit your new Lorena Canals Puffy Agatha rug. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Lorena Canals Puffy Agatha SKU: C-PUFFY-AGA on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!