Lorena Canals presents Sun Rays, the newest addition to their wool washable rug collection. This capsule collection is born from the collaboration between Regina Gimenez, a contemporary artist from Barcelona and comes to introduce a limited edition rug and pouffe. Together, Lorena and Regina combines abstract colours, textures and materials to immerse us into their world of design.
This Lorena Canals Sun Ray Wool Washable Floor Cushion combines heights of short pile wool with medium pile wool in soft colours of sea shell blue, sandstone, almond frost and smoke blue. The cushion has a zipper and removable insert.
The Woolable collection by Lorena Canals is the first wool collection ever designed to be washable at home in a domestic washing machine. Never has this existed in the history of rug making. The convenience this brings is huge to many households who have pets or small children. Rugs by Roo is all about sustainability and conscious living, and this collection meets all these requirements on top of the beautiful designs and colours.
- Construction: Hand Made
- Each Woolable rug and accessory is handcrafted by skilled artisans in India using natural wool fibers
- Each Lorena Canals rug and accessory is handmade in their private facility in India using traditional methods
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Pile: 100% Wool
- Base: Recycled Cotton
- Filler: 100% Polystyrene Balls
- Dyes: Natural non-toxic dyes
- Each cushion is hand-dyed using natural non-polluting dyes that follow an eco-friendly framework making it completely safe for our little ones as well as the environment
- Natural dyes also keeps the cushion light, soft and flexible
- Being a trusted brand in the industry, this high quality wool cushion is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play
- Brand: Lorena Canals
- Size: 28" Round
- Colour: Sandstone (tan), Smoke Blue, Sea Shell (blue)
- Pile height: Short and Medium
- Designed in Barcelona
- Made in India
- All Lorena Canals rugs and accessories comply with all quality and safety regulations for children including Certificate of Compliance (CPSIA), ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001
- This rug and accessory is environmentally friendly and free from toxic dyes or contaminants
- Location: Indoor & Outdoor use
About the Brand
Over the last 20 years, Lorena Canals has evolved to become one of the most well-known brands and creators of washable rugs at home. Lorena Canals revolutionized the rug industry when they first introduced their collection of washable cotton rugs to the world. It started with one simple question that perhaps a lot of us parents have asked: 'Why can't we wash our kids' rugs at home?’
Lorena Canals started her company to fill the void of modern day living making rugs that are 100% cotton and machine-washable. 20 years later, she is here to do it again with her latest collection of washable wool rugs, the first of its kind. Woolables are designed for home - everyday modern living - and are made of 100% wool.
Lorena Canals operates out of offices in Barcelona and New York. Their rugs are manufactured in two of their very own facilities in India where they have full control of the quality and best practices. Their designers work side by side with 120 artisans who take care of every detail in an elaborate handmade process. The brand prides itself on quality in every aspect of production, from the finest raw materials to socially responsible labour practices. Nowadays, Lorena Canals products are found worldwide in more than 2,500 points of sale, making its products available in more than 40 countries. Their offerings have expanded to include Home Decoration serving both children and grown-ups! A nursery funded by the SAKULA PROJECT now has 120 boys and girls attending and continues to grow year after year. You can read more about the Lorena Canals projects here.
Wool rugs and accessories have been much loved by consumers worldwide for centuries due to its many great qualities. Now, with the Woolables Washable Collection by Lorena Canals, it makes wool an obvious choice in many regards.
From an eco-friendly perspective, wool is a renewable resource and is bio-degradable making it a great choice for “green” households. Wool typically has superior strength and durability compared to synthetic fibres. The pile of a wool rug is very sturdy and insulating. It is also naturally fire retardant and self-extinguishing.
You might have heard of lanolin? It is a natural substance found in wool that coats its surface making it stain resistant. This coating helps stop dirt and stains from actually penetrating the wool. That is why spills on wool is very easy to clean. Finally, wool is a healthy choice when it comes to a rug. Wool is a natural material that is hygienic and non allergenic, it has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. For these reasons, we view wool as the best choice particularly for a baby’s nursery or kid’s bedroom.
Care Instructions for Woolables by Lorena Canals
- Clean spots and absorb liquid spills immediately with a clean, absorbent cloth. Avoid scrubbing
- Do not use chemicals as they could damage or fade the colours of your cushion
- When cushion is in need of a wash, first open the zipper and remove the insert. Place the cushion cover in the washing machine. Wash separately at 30 degrees using a gentle cycle for a maximum of 30 minutes. A neutral detergent can be used during the wash
- Do not bleach and softener
- Tumble dry at low temperature
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight as it may result in colour fading
When you buy a Lorena Canals Sun Ray Wool Washable Cushion from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the cushion to your home. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Lorena Canals Sun Ray Wool Washable Cushion SKU: WO-P-SUN on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!