Don't you find that kids are on their best behaviour when there is ice cream in the room? How about making it permanent with this Maison Deux Ice Cream Area Rug? This piece is the perfect modern nursery rug for those who want to add some personality to their kids' room or even their own living. Made in soft tones of beige, cream and pink, this Maison Deux Ice Cream Rug will curb any tantrums or bad behaviour and be a fun piece where kids' imagination can run wild. This bold rug is hand-tufted and made from 100% soft premium wool, carrying the GoodWeave label. This Ice Cream Area Rug features different pile heights that creates a 3 dimensional effect adding texture and interest. The cone and scoop are crafted from higher pile that pops out of the rug. You'll have every kid wanting to take a bite!
This Maison Deux Ice Cream Area Rug is perfect for a kids' room or play area and can really become a conversation piece for everyone young and old. This rug is fully aligned with Maison Deux's mission, which is to create fun, minimalist and contemporary pieces that fosters connection and playfulness within a family. All Maison Deux rugs are Goodweave certified meaning that no child labour, forced labour or bonded labour was used in the manufacturing process.
- Construction: Hand Made
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Material: 100% Wool
- Wool is a naturally stain resistant material, making it perfect for a kid's room or playroom where things may get a bit messy from time to time
- Wool is a great choice amongst kids with allergy sensitivities because it is hygienic and non allergenic, has no harmful gasses and is a natural air filter
- Due to its thick and dense pile, wool rugs make a great sound barrier keeping noise out while the little ones enjoy their quiet time
- Wool is naturally stain and flame resistant
- Brand: Maison Deux
- Designer: Pia Weinberg
- Designed in The Netherlands
- Size: 100 x 155 cm or 39" x 61"
- Colour: Beige, Cream and Pink
- Goodweave Label
- 3D texture: high/low piles
- Location: Indoor use only
About the Brand
Maison Deux is a Dutch design studio founded in 2015 by Pia & Woes Weinberg. The name, Maison Deux, translates to ‘a home for two’ representing their wish to bring kids and parents closer together. When designed right, they believe that elements in a home that are designed for kids can also be enjoyed by parents.
Maison Deux’s design model is simple and iconic pieces with a playful twist. You may recognize Pia’s Iconic Cloud Rocker that received the Platinum A’Design Award in 2016. Not only are her designs creative and playful, they are also crafted from high-quality materials that last for generations. And let’s not forget their social mission. Maison Deux is built on a mission to create a more sustainable future. All Maison Deux rugs are certified with the GoodWeave label, the best assurance that no child labour, forced labour or bonded labour was used in the production cycle. Proceeds from every purchase also goes towards supporting programs that educate children. Besides rugs, Maison Deux also offers many wooden furniture and toy pieces that are made from FSC-certified wood that furthers their sustainability initiative.
Wool rugs have been much loved by consumers worldwide for centuries due to its many great qualities. From an eco-friendly perspective, wool is a renewable resource and is biodegradable making it a great choice for “green” households. Wool rugs typically have superior strength and durability compared to synthetic fibres. The pile of a wool rug is very sturdy and insulating. It is also naturally fire retardant and self-extinguishing.
You might have heard of lanolin? It is a natural substance found in wool that coats its surface making it stain resistant. This coating helps stop dirt and stains from actually penetrating the wool. That is why spills on wool is very easy to clean.
Finally, wool is a healthy choice when it comes to a rug. Wool is a natural material that is hygienic and non allergenic, it has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. For this reason, we view wool as the best choice particularly for a baby’s nursery or kid’s bedroom.
Care Instructions for Wool Rugs
- Vacuum regularly and as needed using suction only (no bristles)
- Spot clean as needed using a damp cloth with plain water. Do not use soap or cleaning products as they could damage or fade the rug
- For spills, absorb immediately with white dry cloth
- For larger, deeper stains, send the rug to a professional service with experience cleaning fine rugs
- Rotate rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear
- To preserve the life of the rug, we recommend using a rug pad
When you buy a Maison Deux Ice Cream Area Rug from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the rug to your home. You will also have access to our free design consultation team who can help you plan the layout of your room to best suit your new rug. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Maison Deux Ice Cream Area Rug on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!