The Naturepedic Breathable Crib Protector Pad passes suffocation tests with flying colors while making crib changes easy. The breathable surface is actually a 3-dimensional fabric that allows air to flow through the fabric and under the baby for 360° air circulation. Simply put, babies tend to cry more when they are uncomfortable. Airflow under the baby allows heat to dissipate efficiently, helping regulate temperature for less sweaty backs. Since air is able to pass freely through the pad’s 3D structure, babies can breathe right through the sleep surface!
Additionally, this cover features a waterproof backing that protects the mattress from urine, spit-up, and other messes, making crib changes easy. All Naturepedic mattresses and pads meet the organic and non-toxic standards of the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), a consumer goods certification recognized by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), and have earned the trust of parents and doctors across the country.
This Naturepedic Breathable Crib Protector Pad fits most standard and mini crib mattresses. Get a replacement or extra cover for the Naturepedic Breathable 2-Stage Organic Baby Crib Mattress.
- Breathable fabric is 3 dimensional, allowing air to flow through the fabric under the baby for 360 degrees air circulation
- The breathable washable protector pad completely hugs the mattress
- Waterproof backing and seamless waterproof edges keeps your mattress clean and protected from urine, spit-up and other messes. Simply remove and toss it in the washing machine
- The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certification ensures organic status of textiles, from harvesting of the raw materials, through environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing up to labeling in order to provide a credible assurance to the end consumer
- No vinyl/PVC, phthalates, latex
- Top fabric: 100% GOTS Certified Organic Cotton
- Bottom fabric: Polyester
- Waterproofing: GOTS approved polyurethane barrier
- All organic cotton are derived from USDA certified sources
- Fits Standard Size and Mini Size Crib Mattresses
- Available sizes: 28" x 52" x 6" for standard crib mattresses and 24" x 38" x 3" for mini crib mattresses
- Machine washable cover, handy for accident, spit-ups and messes
- Tumble on low heat to dry
Sewn and finished in the USA
ABOUT THE BRAND
Nothing drives you more than the love for your own grandchild, which is how the Naturepedic story got started. Barry A. Cik was searching for a suitable baby crib mattress for his first grandchild and found the options on the market to be completely unacceptable. Being a veteran in the field of environmental engineering with over 30 years of experience chasing chemicals, Barry knew all about vinyl/PVC, polyurethane foam, and the various chemicals contained in mattresses, and “there was no way I was going to put my grandchild to sleep within a few inches of these chemicals”. And even the organic options in the market were not waterproof, which meant that if it got wet, it would grow mold and fungus without any effective way to clean it.
Together with his sons, Barry founded Naturepedic in 2003, creating the first and only organic baby crib mattress designed with a patented food-grade waterproof surface made from non-GMO sugarcane with various breathable options. Since then, Naturepedic has grown its collection to include kids and adult mattresses and has become the leader in offering the very best certified organic mattresses in the market.