The Naturepedic Breathable Organic Mini Crib Mattress is the only crib mattress that is certified organic, breathable and waterproof! This lightweight mattress combines every safety feature you could ever want in one crib mattress.
Breathable crib mattresses are all about added comfort and safety. Simply put, babies tend to cry more when they are uncomfortable. Airflow under the baby allows heat to dissipate efficiently, helping regulate temperature for less sweaty backs.
An excellent choice for parents seeking to eliminate potentially harmful chemicals and allergens, this Naturepedic Breathable Organic Mini Crib Mattress is made from organic and non-toxic materials providing a more natural, healthier, and comfortable sleep environment. Features include a luxurious organic cotton cover, organic cotton fill, full perimeter edge support and a patented easy-to-clean waterproof, removable cover.
The breathable layer is removable and washable and also acts as a built-in mattress protector. This mattress is lightweight for easy sheet changes. All Naturepedic mattresses meet the organic and non-toxic standards of the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), a consumer goods certification recognized by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), and have earned the trust of parents and doctors across the country. Winner of numerous prestigious endorsements, Naturepedic organic mattresses meet the highest physical, chemical, and allergenic safety awards.
- Follows CPSC and pediatrician recommendations for firm support and a snug fit so your baby gets the firm, flat surface that's recommended for safer sleep
- Patented wavesupport™ technology is strong yet lightweight, making it easy to lift the mattress and change the bedding
- Full perimeter edge support to prevent the edges from squishing and to reduce the risk of entrapment
- Organic cotton fabric and fill that offers a soft and safe surface for your child
- Breathable fabric is 3 dimensional, allowing air to flow through the fabric under the baby for 360 degrees air circulation
- No flame retardants, glues or adhesives
- Every Naturepedic mattress passes all government flammability requirements without any flame retardant chemicals or barriers
- No polyurethane foam
- No toxic chemical odours/smells
- The breathable mattress is encapsulated in a washable cover that completely hugs the mattress
- This removable layer has a waterproof backing and seamless waterproof edges that keeps the mattress clean and protected from urine, spit-up and other messes. Simply remove and toss it in the washing machine
- The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certification ensures organic status of textiles, from harvesting of the raw materials, through environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing up to labeling in order to provide a credible assurance to the end consumer
- MadeSafe Certified products are made with ingredients not to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems.
- Naturepedic mattresses have been tested and certified by UL/GREENGUARD laboratories for low chemical emissions. They are additionally certified as formaldehyde-free
- Made in the USA
- 10 year limited manufacturer warranty
- Machine washable cover, handy for accident, spit-ups and messes
- Fits mini size cribs
- Size: 24" x 38" x 3"
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Mattress cover: 100% GOTS certified organic cotton fabric with 3 dimensional breathable space and wipe-clean waterproof coating
- Mattress interior layers:
- Organic cotton and PLA batting
- Lightweight wavesupport™ core
- All organic cotton are derived from USDA certified sources
- Using a patented Naturepedic design, the waterproof side of the mattress features an organic cotton fabric with an LDPE waterproof coating so pure it actually meets food contact standards (made from non-GMO sugarcane without any glues or adhesives)
- PLA is a high-performance synthetic fibre made from non-GMO sugarcane that adds resiliency and unique performance characteristics. PLA is entirely plant based and is used in a variety of industries including food packaging and medical supplies and does not contain or off-gas any harmful chemicals
- Premium innersprings offer contouring support so your child will fall asleep and stay asleep. The open nature of the coils provide excellent breathability and heat dissipation
ABOUT THE BRAND
Nothing drives you more than the love for your own grandchild, which is how the Naturepedic story got started. Barry A. Cik was searching for a suitable baby crib mattress for his first grandchild and found the options on the market to be completely unacceptable. Being a veteran in the field of environmental engineering with over 30 years of experience chasing chemicals, Barry knew all about vinyl/PVC, polyurethane foam, and the various chemicals contained in mattresses, and “there was no way I was going to put my grandchild to sleep within a few inches of these chemicals”. And even the organic options in the market were not waterproof, which meant that if it got wet, it would grow mold and fungus without any effective way to clean it.
Together with his sons, Barry founded Naturepedic in 2003, creating the first and only organic baby crib mattress designed with a patented food-grade waterproof surface made from non-GMO sugarcane with various breathable options. Since then, Naturepedic has grown its collection to include kids and adult mattresses and has become the leader in offering the very best certified organic mattresses in the market.