Note: As this rug is made to order, please allow 10 to 12 weeks for production. All sales are FINAL. Custom sizes, colours and shapes (runner, circle, rounds) are available
One of the latest additions to the Organic Weave family, this expressive and timeless piece is made with Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic wool, the best and purest quality wool available in the market. This Organic Weave Wild One Wool Rug takes animal print to a new level that is modern and charming. Made with the softest and plushest organic wool, this Organic Weave Wild One Wool Rug will make you want to sink your bare feet into it and never leave. Made to measure in India, this rug is naturally hypo-allergenic, stain and soil resistant, flame retardant and stands the test of time, even with a busy household of kids and pets.
Organic Weave Shop is the world's first company to offer a collection of GOTS certified organic area rugs. Impeccably handcrafted and sourced from raw materials in harmony with nature, it is evident that Linda, the owner of Organic Weave, has a tremendous love for people & planet and is the very reason Rugs by Roo are huge supporters of her brand. In her rug collection, you will find classic pieces that suit families looking for the healthiest option for their children. All Organic Weave rugs are also GoodWeave certified meaning that no child, forced or bonded labour was involved in the making of the rug.
- Construction: Handwoven with cut and loop design
- Material: 100% GOTS certified organic wool
- Certified organic wool ensures that your little ones are not exposed to harmful chemicals or pesticides
- Ultra-soft wool offers an extremely comfortable foundation even for bare feet and babies' tender knees
- Colours are created with all natural dyes, again ensuring that your little ones are not exposed to unnecessary toxins
- GoodWeave certified
- Being a trusted brand in the industry, this high quality organic wool rug is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play
- Brand: Organic Weave Shop
- Sizes Available: 5' x 8', 6' x 9', 8' x 10', 9' x 12' and 10' x 14'
- Colour: Grey and White
- Designed in Canada
- Made in India
- Goodweave Certified
- Organic Weave's hand tufted rugs are made on a loom, with the weaver punching strands of wool into an organic cotton canvas. Once the "tufting" is complete, a secondary backing of organic cotton is affixed to the rug with a GOTS approved latex glue
- Location: Indoor use
- Recommended to pair with a non-skid rug pad
- Actual colours and size may vary from the image(s) shown due to manufacturing limitations
About the Brand
Linda Alexanian, owner of Organic Weave Shop, began with the question: does the world really need another rug company? Perhaps being the world's first company to offer a collection of GOTS certified organic area rugs would be reason enough to begin down this journey. Families really could use a healthier alternative to those commercialized rugs laced with chemicals. But that's only part of the story. The other part involves partnering with women in rural India to weave her rugs. During her trip to India back in 1989, Linda witnessed widespread child labor in the rug industry. It was at that point that she made a promise to herself that one day, she would get involved and work with women in rural India. Linda understood that children are only compelled to work out of economic necessity, and that no mother would have her child work if she had an economic alternative.
Since then, Organic Weave has been providing dignified work and sustainable income to adult women weavers. Every Organic Weave Shop rug is both GOTS certified and GoodWeave certified ensuring that the rug is made with the purest of materials and involved no child, forced or bonded labor is the process. Organic Weave Shop also pledges 1% of all earnings to Sudara Freedom Fund in India. This fund provides safe housing for women escaping trafficking and sexual exploitation. The Founder of Sudar, Shannon Keith, works with women who are at a high risk of being forced into the sex trade by their families or picked up off the streets by local pimps, by providing employment and housing.
About Certified Organic Wool
Wool rugs have been much loved by consumers worldwide for centuries due to its many great qualities. Now, you get to enjoy wool in its purest and finest form.
GOTS is the world's leading standard for organic textile certification. GOTS criteria includes ecological and social accountability standards and is backed up by independent certification of the entire supply chain. This includes independent testing and certification of raw, semi-finished and unfinished textile products at all levels of processing to ensure that the end product is suitable for certification.
The production of GOTS certified organic wool starts with the sheep and spans all the way to textile mills to ensure no harmful chemicals or toxins come in contact with the wool at any point along the supply chain. The feed and forage of the sheep is certified organic. The land they graze on and any supplemental feed they consume is certified organic. Ticks and lice, which are common among farm animals, are treated naturally rather than with insecticides. And organic livestock producers are required to ensure they do not exceed the natural carrying capacity of the land on which their animals graze. These are just some basic starting points of raising organic sheep in addition to regulations regarding animal welfare and working conditions for farmers and textile mill workers.
In addition to the health benefits of buying certified organic wool, wool is also a renewable resource and is biodegradable making it a great choice for “green” households. Wool rugs typically have superior strength and durability compared to synthetic fibres. The pile of a wool rug is very sturdy and insulating. It is also naturally fire retardant and self-extinguishing.
You might have heard of lanolin? It is a natural substance found in wool that coats its surface making it stain resistant. This coating helps stop dirt and stains from actually penetrating the wool. That is why spills on wool is very easy to clean.
Finally, wool is a healthy choice when it comes to a rug. Wool is a natural material that is hygienic and non allergenic, it has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. For this reason, we view wool as the best choice particularly for a baby’s nursery or kid’s bedroom.
- Vacuum regularly and as needed using suction only (no bristles)
- Spot clean as needed using a damp cloth with plain water. Do not use soap or cleaning products as they could damage or fade the rug
- For spills, absorb immediately with white dry cloth
- For larger, deeper stains, send the rug to a professional service with experience cleaning fine rugs
- Rotate rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear
- To preserve the life of the rug, we recommend using a rug pad
When you buy a Organic Weave Wild One Wool Rug from Rugsbyroo.com, you will have access to our support team who will help you through any logistical issues such as tracking and delivery of the rug to your home. You will also have access to our free design consultation team who can help you plan the layout of your room to best suit your new Organic Weave Wild One Wool Rug. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Organic Weave Wild One Wool Rug on this page. We're here to help, so take us up on the offer!